BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Mediapress lightbox arrows

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #50781

Hi Brajesh

I’m having trouble with the lightbox scroll arrows which don’t appear at all unless the mouse hovers in just the right place and when they do, they’re far too small.

After some investigation, it seems it is my theme that’s somehow overriding the default Mediapress settings but I’m really struggling to identify the right css elements in order to rectify the situation in my child theme.

Would you be able to suggest which elements I need to edit? I’m guessing it’s likely to be related to the mfp-arrow?

With many thanks in advance.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50784

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for the question.

We are using Magnific popup. Please feel free to change the configuration/suggest us what to change from here.

https://dimsemenov.com/plugins/magnific-popup/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #50787

Hi Brajesh

Thank you for the additional information.

I’m fairly sure the issues I’m experiencing are CSS related ie. the arrows do “exist” but can’t be seen until hovered over (and even then sizing/positioning is not quite as it should be) so there’s not necessarily anything wrong with the configuration, it’s just getting overridden by the theme I’m using.

What I was struggling with was identifying which css elements I needed to target and presumably give a higher priority but now I know that it’s likely to be something coming from Magnific, I’ll dig a bit deeper and see what I can work out.

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50793

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for the reply.

Please allow me to check over the weekend and get back to you next week.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #50814

Hi Brajesh

Just a quick update on this one… as I suspected, it seems that the theme I was using (ie. BuddyX Pro) was overriding the Magnific css which meant that the scroll arrows in the popup weren’t visible. I fixed the issue by copying some of the relevant css from Magnific to my child theme and that seems to have done the trick.

Either way, certainly not the “fault” of Mediapress so no need to investigate further unless you wish to do so.

With very many thanks as always.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50835

Thank you Nik

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Mediapress lightbox arrows’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved