BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress Likes

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #49612

Hi Brajesh

It’s been a while since I worked with Mediapress. Just wondering if there have been any developments with regard to allowing users to “like” images and/or if not, if there are any plugins other than WP ULike that you would recommend to implement such a feature?

With many thanks in advance.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49613

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for the question.
    Please use WP Ulike plugin for now. BuddyPress is bringing its own attachment solution and we are re-considering the use-case for MediaPress currently.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #49617

Hi Brajesh

Thank you for your reply. I’m not sure I understand this sentence…

> BuddyPress is bringing its own attachment solution and we are re-considering the use-case for MediaPress currently.

Have there been some recent changes with regard to the way BuddyPress handles things? Are you thinking of discontinuing MediaPress or just the way “likes” might be handled?

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49625

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for the questions.

1. Yes, please look for BP Attachment component. Also, there is a lot of changes going in BuddyPress currently.
    2. We do not plan to discontinue. MediaPress may be used for standalone WordPress with user submitted galleries or other purposes. That’s the area we are trying to understand.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #49630

Hi Brajesh

Ah… thank you so much, I see the BP Attachment component currently seems to be an add-on but looks very interesting and I will test/look out for further developments. Just out of interest, is there anywhere particular you would recommend visiting/following in order to keep up to date with BuddyPress developments generally?

With the site I’m currently updating, I will certainly be sticking with MediaPress for now as they already have a lot of content uploaded and I really don’t want to get into having to convert it somehow unless there’s really no other option.

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49633

Hi Nik,
    I will suggest subscribing to BuddyPress Developer blog here.
    https://bpdevel.wordpress.com/

Thank you for using MediaPress.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved