BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress Notifications being deleted once read

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #20642

Hi there

As above, it seems as if media notifications are automatically deleted once read. This is counter-intuitive as all other Buddypress notifcations are marked as “read” but can still be viewed if/until the user specifically deletes them.

Is there any way of overriding what seems to be the default Mediapress behaviour so that they are marked as read but NOT deleted (ie. same as the rest of BuddyPress)?

With many thanks in advance.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20649

Hi Nikki,
    Thank you for reporting.

I had a look and it is a bug. Also, I found that we have an incorrect implementation for deleting notifications. It should be user specific.

I have added a temporary fix
    https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress/commit/7a08d0cad38187979d4eeebebd67db03a004cedf

Will have more on it by this Monday/Tuesday.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #20652

Hi Brajesh

Thank you for getting back to me. I just tried implementing the fix and it didn’t appear to have any affect but maybe that’s because it still needs to be made user specific?

Thanks for looking into this and will await to hear.

Warm regards
    Nikki

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20666

Hi Nikki,
    I am sorry I am not sure why it did not work. I am unable to work on it today, please allow me to look on it tomorrow and get back to you by tomorrow or day after tomorrow(Tuesday).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #20758

Just wondering if you’ve had a chance to look into this yet? 😉

With many thanks in advance.
    Nikki

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20762

Hi Nikki,
    I am sorry for the delayed update on this. Please allow me this week(next 2-3 days). I am working on a few things in MediaPress and need a little more time to have it all together.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved