Tagged: galleries, mediapress, multisite, subdomains
- Mary Pearson on February 11, 2017 at 4:29 am #7306
I have a multisite at https://ChristianGays.com. My sites are all linked so my members just login to one of the sites and then they are logged in to all.
BuddyPress Profiles are available to be viewed from the Main Site, Chat, Dating and Blogs subdomains.
If I create a gallery on the main site, but check the profile on another site, the gallery is not there.
Just as all the Profile fields are interconnected, I would like the galleries to be interconnected too, so that they can be created on any of the subdomains, and people can see them on whatever part of the website they’re on.
I have tried Network Activating. I have tried activating sites individually. All works exactly as it should, with capabilities to create new galleries in all of the subdomains. It’s just that a gallery created in one subdomain does not show in any of the other subdomains.
How do I connect them please?
MultiBlog is enabled
I don’t know where to find multi network to check
Domain Mapping is NOT Enabled.
GeneratePress-child theme v1.3.44
Fresh install of MediaPress
WordPress Version: 4.7.2
PHP Version: 5.6.30
Web Server: Apache
WordPress URL: https://christiangays.com
Home URL: https://christiangays.com
Content Directory: /home/mary/public_html/mary-content
Content URL: https://christiangays.com/mary-content
Plugins Directory: /home/mary/public_html/mary-content/plugins
Plugins URL: https://christiangays.com/mary-content/plugins
Uploads Directory: /home/mary/public_html/mary-content/uploads
Cookie Domain: .christiangays.com
Multi-Site Active: Yes
PHP cURL Support: Yes
PHP GD Support: Yes
PHP Memory Limit: 256M
PHP Memory Usage: 44.66M (17%)
PHP Post Max Size: 256M
PHP Upload Max Size: 256M
WP Options Count: 630
WP Options Size: 382.74kb
WP Options Transients: 3
SAVEQUERIES: Not set
Operating System: Mac
Browser: Mozilla Firefox 51.0
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0
– GeneratePress Child 0.1
– Aspexi Facebook Like Box Slider HD 2.1.3
– bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab 1.0.1
– BbPress Notification 1.1.0
– bbpress Simple View Counts 0.2
– BP Profile Search 4.7.2
– Comments – wpDiscuz 4.0.4
– Directory 220.127.116.11
– E-Newsletter 18.104.22.168
– GP Premium 1.2.94
– Image Upload for BBPress 1.1.12
– List category posts 0.71.1
– Nav Menu Roles 1.8.6
– Rating-Widget: Star Review System 2.8.5
– Rename wp-login.php 2.5.5
– Reveal IDs 1.5.1
– Shortcodes in Menus 3.1
– Simple Membership BBPress Addon v1.2
– Simple Membership Custom Messages 1.4
– Simple Membership WP User Import 1.5
– Simple WordPress Membership 3.4.3
– Spacer 3.0.4
– Spam Protection by CleanTalk 5.57.1
– Spider Random Post 2.0.4
– TablePress 1.7
– TinyMCE Advanced 4.4.3
– Username Changer 3.1.0
– Visual Term Description Editor 1.5.0
– WP-Sweep 1.0.9
– WPFront Scroll Top 1.5
– WP Private Content Plus 1.13
– Yoast SEO 4.2.1
– YouTube 11.5
- Brajesh Singh on February 11, 2017 at 8:04 am #7307
You are using BuddyPress with Multiblog mode enabled.
MediaPress is not compatible with Multi Blog mode. It will allow you to have separate galleries for each of the blogs but there is no concept of global galleries on multisite. MediaPress galleries are just posts(post type) and on multisite each blog have their own specific posts.
I am sorry for the trouble but MediaPress is not suitable in this use case.
- Mary Pearson on February 11, 2017 at 4:17 pm #7309
Thank you again Brajesh.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.