BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] MediaPress – Open dialog box without "Drop Files Here" appearing

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    John B on #26361

I found an article that used the following code to remove the “Drop Files Here” box from appearing when uploading media.

#mpp-upload-dropzone-activity {

display:none !important;
    }

This worked as it got rid of the drop down box. The issue that I’m experiencing now is that the dialog box isn’t appearing. Is there a way to make the dialog box appear that allows me to upload media without the use of the “Drop Files Here” box?

I’m trying to replicate the function that occurs when clicking on Select Files. When you click on Select Files, the dialog box appears. Is it possible to make the dialog box appear as soon as a visitors clicks on the photo media button for example?

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26365

Hi John,
    It is controllable from MediaPress->settings->BuddyPress

You will see an option “Disable automatic file chooser opening?” set it to no.

Currently, It has a bug and It won’t force open the dialog. I have put a fix here
    https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress/commit/16b13e9b22816428c55e3e78e0478be85f8516a2

It’s one line, you may copy to your files for now and It will work.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    John B on #26374

I updated the settings and added the following line of code to line 177 of mpp.js.

_mppData.activity_disable_auto_file_browser = parseInt(_mppData.activity_disable_auto_file_browser, 10);

It did not work for me. I tried this code on 2 different sites.

On the Activity Stream, when clicking on the photo, audio or video upload buttons its not opening the file chooser (dialog) box. Is there anything else I may be able to try?

Thanks as always.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26408

Hi John,
    May I suggest to download the full copy form the github and replace. Also, Please make sure to clear any css/js/browser cache(if you are using any caching plugin).

It is working for me on Ubuntu/Chrome.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    John B on #26433

The above code works. I had another custom .js file that was conflicting. Thank you!!!!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26445

Thank you. I am glad it worked.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] MediaPress – Open dialog box without "Drop Files Here" appearing’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved