BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] MediaPress photo(size) and video(size) settings

Tagged: , , ,

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #19686

hi Brajesh,

is it possible to have 2 separate size settings for the media upload. One to apply to image media (eg; 10MB) and one to apply to video media (eg; 100MB) …?

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19687

Hi Richard,
    It is possible to do so on single gallery upload pages. For activity upload, It is difficult for us as the version of Plupload included with WordPress starts throwing error on ios devices if the settings are changed dynamically.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #19692

ok, resolving as it appears impractical to struggle upstream.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19693

Hi Richard,
    I have been thinking about it and may be we can not add it as an option but if your targeted users are not using ios device, I can add a filter for enabling this type of limit. What do you think ?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #19697

I don’t know what devices my target users are using, they’re using all kinds of laptops, desktops, and mobile ‘phones and tablets, probably washing machines too 😉

Seriously, IOS is all iPhones, right? That’s probably a fair chunk of users. Hmm, would it be possible to add the filter and to leave some kind of default which remains in place for IOS users?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19712

We may be able to do that for all mobile devices. WordPress does provide wp_is_mobile() to check for the user agents.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #19715

that sounds ideal, please keep me posted, (or I’ll check here again later).

R.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved