BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress plugin idea

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #5772

I have a suggestion for a new plugin option for BuddyPress – MediaPress Profile Playlist

The idea is that on the profile page of each site member there is a widget that is hidden when they fist join. But as they add audio and or video files to their gallery, then this widget becomes visible and by clicking on it they can configure a playlist that plays whenever their profile is viewed.

There should probably also be a menu item called playlist to alert them to the feature, clicking on it would take them to a playlist editor, allowing them to upload audio (and video) into their profile galleries and adding them to their playlist.

A similar item could be made to play playlists on specific web pages, such as the sites homepage, either via widget or shortcode.

Thinking about it, there could be three different playlist widgets, one for audio, one for a slideshow and another for video. I think such a feature would be a big boost to social sites looking to offer profile customisation options to users.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5781

Hi George,
    I not is same as featured media widget?

We have completed a featured media widget recently. It still needs some work on the playlist etc though.
    https://github.com/mediapress/mpp-featured-media

• Participant
    Venutius on #5786

The key features of this plugin are as follows:

It is designed to appear in the users profile page.

It allows users to add their own media to it, to allow them to customise their own profile.

I don’t think mpp featured media does that, I don’t think any plugins do that, the closest I’ve seen was Buddypress Profile Widgets (if I remember the name correctly), which I don’t think is supported anymore.

• Participant
    Venutius on #5795

Hi Brajesh, I took a look at mpp-featured-media and I think it’s really promising and possibly exactly what I’m looking for. I was unable to test it however because there was nowhere I could set any media as featured.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5796

Hi George,
    from MediaPress->settings you can enable the placement of the Mark Featured button on the media list/lightbox. By default, The Mark featured button is available on Edit Gallery->Edit Media page.

• Participant
    Venutius on #5802

Thanks Brajesh,

I went into the settings and enabled everything but I still do not get the option to set featured media, in either edit media view – frontend and backend.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved