BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] mediaPress shortcode returning strange results

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #20167

hi Brajesh,

I’m using a mediaPress shortcode to pull a selection of “public” images onto a page, with pagination. The results vary depending on the user. Given the status=”public” one would expect the same selection, regardless of examining each image permissions. Here is the shorcode I’m using:

[mpp-list-media type="photo" component="members" status="public" orderby=date per_page=12 pagination=1]

with various user accounts produces the following page content:

Administrator – 88 pages

Standard site member – 101 pages

Not-logged-in user (guest) 262 pages!

This is very weird, and it’s been a problem for a while, but I’ve only just gotten around to looking at this. Do you have any ideas what might be causing this…?

Many thanks

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20213

Hi Richard,
    I am sorry but I am not sure of the issue.

Public galleries should list same for everyone.

Are you using any custom filter for MediaPress query modification or is there a plugin that filters on pre_get_posts or WordPress post query?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #20220

I don’t think I’m doing anything special, but I’ll have a deeper check through the code and feedback here.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20225

Thank you. Please do let me know when you have the time.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #20246

hi Brajesh,

found it, <slaps head>, I was handling a special case (friends only) but writing to the default case (main MP query). This screwed up what was expected with what was received.

function buddydev_list_friends_media( $args ) {
            if ( empty( $args['include_users'] ) && is_user_logged_in() ) {
                                    $args['include_users'] = bp_get_friend_ids( bp_loggedin_user_id() );
                                           }
                   return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'mpp_shortcode_list_media_defaults', 'buddydev_list_friends_media' );

I was trying a listing of “media of friends”. This is similar to “media set to friends-only”, but the not quite the same thing as I only want to see the media from MY friends. I’ll have to have another look at this.

Apologies for wasting your time, closing.

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20255

Hi Richard,
    No Problem. I am glad you found it and resolved it.

Best Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] mediaPress shortcode returning strange results’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved