BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] MediaPress – "Site-Wide Activity" Posts Not Working

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Carl Hassett on #4958

Hi Brajesh,

When posting an image via MediaPress to the “Site-wide Activity” page it shows up as a normal Activity post without the image (It only has text and has an “activity_update” class instead of “mpp_media_upload”). The uploaded image does save to the users “Wall photo Gallery” but does not display as Media post anywhere.

When uploading to the users Activity Page on their Profile, the MediaPress Activity post works perfectly and even shows up correctly on the “Site-Wide Activity” page.

Any idea how to get the proper behavior when posting to the “Site-Wide Activity”?

Thanks for you help!
    Carl

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4963

Hi Carl,
    Please let me check it. Last week I had added a fix for the posting to Groups from sitewide activity and It may be a side effect. Will be writing back in 5-10 minutes.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4966

Hi Carl,
    tested on BuddyPress 2.6.1/WordPress 4.5.3(non multisite) with a subscriber user and I don’t see any issue. Is there anything specific on your site that might be causing it? Also, Was it happening earlier or have just started happening after 1.0.6 update?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Carl Hassett on #4970

Hi Brajesh,

I tested it again with ALL plugins deactivated except; MediaPress, Akismet, and BuddyPress and tested with both the Default TwentyFourteen and Default TwentyFifteen Themes and still was not able to get it working properly.

Could it be a Multisite vs Non-Multisite issue (My site is a Multisite Install). And I’m now running BuddyPress 2.6.2, but the same issue happened with 2.6.1. It was also happening before the last MediaPress update (before 1.0.6).

I’ll send you the MediaPress Debug report also via the contact form.

Let me know what else I can do to help. Thanks for looking into it!
    Carl

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5003

Hi Carl,
    Thank you for the mail and details. I am sorry but I was not able to recreate it. Will it be possible to provide me a temporary account for testing purpose.

Thank you
    brajesh

• Participant
    Carl Hassett on #5018
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5043

Hi Carl,
    I am sorry. It seems we have some issues on our forums. The private replies are not generating any notification.

I will look at it today and will update you. I am posting it as public so that you will get notified.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5044

Hi Carl,
    Yes, There is an issue.

The problem is the currently mediaPress uses js to send the attached ids. In your case, on home page the form is not submitted via js(is reloading the page and loosing the uploaded ids).

Most probably the jsvsscript file that handles activity form submission is not being loaded. Can you please look into that?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Carl Hassett on #5049

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for looking into it!

I have a limited understanding of Java script, so I created a fresh install of WordPress (none multisite) and only installed MediaPress and BuddyPress to ensure there was no script blocking behaviors or other conflicts. I then tested again and got the same issue (Site-wide activity posts not posting with attached media).

My host is WPEngine, so aside from getting support involved with some possible server side information, I’m not sure where to go?

The test site I just created is 100% dedicated to fixing this issue, so if you need admin or FTP access I can set it up for you.

Let me know what you think the best way to proceed is?

Thanks Brajesh! We’ll find it!
    Carl

• Participant
    Carl Hassett on #5051
    This reply has been marked as private.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] MediaPress – "Site-Wide Activity" Posts Not Working’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved