BuddyDev

Search

Mediapress sort by likes, views, or comments

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Aaron on #47749

Hello,
    I can’t seem to find any info anywhere for this but I am using buddypress for my wordpress website. I have been testing out mediapress and it seems to work great so far. The main thing I am trying to do is to sort a gallery by most liked photos. Sorting by views or comments would be amazing as well but I understand it may be difficult to do. I can’t find any shortcodes or docs on how to sort the photos by likes. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated! Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47750

Hi Aaron,
    Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.
    Thank you for trying MediaPress.

Can you please tell me how are you tracking the likes and views? MediaPress does not support liking/views out of the box.

In order to achieve your goal, we will need some kind of mechanism to update gallery meta with total likes/views and then using the MPP_Media_Query to sort it using those keys.

This will need custom coding. Are you comfortable with code? I will be glad to point in the right direction.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Aaron on #47757

Hi Brajesh,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I feel a bit stupid, I just realized that I have been marking the posts as favorite and not actually liking the image. I have been trying to find a way to create some sort of buddypress gallery or even sort posts by most liked. I’m not sure why but that seems like a bit of a difficult thing to find. Sorry for the confusion.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47769

Hi Aaron,
    No issues.
    I agree that those things should be normal and we are lacking in that department. It may not help for your current work but it has given us idea to add something like this for future.

Currently, the only way to have it is with some custom development for recording the counts and then using it to sort/order.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved