- CARLETON SYPH on July 9, 2016 at 4:09 pm #4640
I’m checking out a couple of things with the mediapress storage limit for paidmemberships pro. I was wondering if there is anyway to show, the amount of storage used by member?
- Brajesh Singh on July 9, 2016 at 4:13 pm #4641
Yes, you can enable that from MediaPress->settings->General and checking
Show upload Quota?
Does that work for you or not?
- CARLETON SYPH on July 9, 2016 at 5:09 pm #4642
It works like a charm!
You’re 2 for 2 my friend… So here’s a third pitch… Is there a way to display the user’s mediapress storage space, by item “or” gallery. For example, I was wondering whether after loading a picture, if a user can then open up the picture to determine how much space it consumed. ie 1.3MB and/or 1% of the total allocate to them?
- This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Brajesh Singh.
- Brajesh Singh on July 9, 2016 at 8:36 pm #4644
1.For Image, It is possible to show that info with little code but that will not make any sense. MediaPress creates 3 copies(thumb, mid, large) and keeps the original image as well. So displaying the stat for the displayed image will not make much sense without adding the details for all of these three. If we do add these three, It will confuse the user.
So, what do you suggest will be good idea?
- CARLETON SYPH on July 11, 2016 at 5:29 pm #4661This reply has been marked as private.
- Brajesh Singh on July 11, 2016 at 8:20 pm #4662
The handling of deletion is exactly as you expect. Individual thumbnails can not be deleted by the user. if they delete the image, all versions of the images are deleted.
I will look at the most efficient way of showing the size and will post back.
PS: I believe the best way to show the size is to use the size of the original image.
- CARLETON SYPH on July 11, 2016 at 8:32 pm #4664This reply has been marked as private.
- Brajesh Singh on July 11, 2016 at 8:49 pm #4665This reply has been marked as private.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.