BuddyDev

Search

mediapress upload video in sitewide style youtube

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Paolo on #14365

I want create videos upload-page similar a youtube upload video page.

when I select a video I want them to appear the fields and my custom fields: (Title, description, Tags, ecc…)

Is there’s a similar plugin ?

If I wanted to create a special plugin which guide / API / action should I watch?

Sorry for my english

• Participant
    Paolo on #14396

Start with the development of the plugin – birth from the base of the media-rating.
    I call it mpp_media_filter. I create a new table in the database to add to each media the fields that interest me that the member should fill out. These fields will then be used for filters.
    I will modify the upload_form page with the compilation of the youtube style fields.
    After uploading the video via FFMPEG I create the thumbnail and the different resolutions (320/480/720/1080) and delete the audio track.What analogous for the images.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14403

Hi Paolo,
    My apologies for the delayed reply.

This problem can be broken into a few steps.

1. Uploading the video
    2. Crunching the video to extract cover and converting to playable file format
    3. Using the converted video and cover and MediaPress video entry.

Since your upload strategy is very different from what we have in MediaPress, you will most probably need to handle the first 2 part yourself.

Here is how we save an uploaded file as MediaPress entry
    https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress/blob/master/core/ajax/mpp-ajax.php#L363

The mpp_add_media() is used to add the media to a gallery.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Paolo on #14407

what action do you call after uploading ? I do not want to change the core. I can go in edit mode after upload.

After the upload I create a call to FMPEG and then enter edit mode. Add Record in post table for the thumbnail generated and the record for converted video.

Thanks

Paolo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14459

Hi Paolo,
    The action you are looking for will be a JavaScript event. At the moment, the uploader does not provide a consistent javascript event. I will have this in this Sunday’s release and post back.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14738

Hi Paolo,
    Hope you are doing well.

MediaPress 1.3.6 is available now and you can hook into any upload stage now.

Please see the reference here.
    https://buddydev.com/mediapress/topics/api-guides/mediapress-uploader-events-lifecycle/

Hope it helps you to accoplish your goal.

Best Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Paolo on #17166

I’m only taking over the project now. You can make me this change can you send me a quote?

Regards
    Paolo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17169

Hi Paolo,

Welcome back.

If you can summarize the current requirement from us(what needs to be done), I can provide an estimate or assistance as needed.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved