BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Mediapress: What shortcode should I use?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Adam on #5758

Hello,

I have asked on the mediapress wordpress forum but have not received a response in about 5 days. I wanted to know what SHORTCODE I would use if anyone were to click my “gallery” page they would see all the photos that have been uploaded? I don’t care what the order of the photos is I just want all photos to be shown rather than albums.

Thank you!

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #5759

Hi Adam

Thank you for posting here. Try the following shortcode.

[mpp-list-media type=photo component=members] 

for more information check Documentation on the following Url

https://buddydev.com/mediapress/topics/getting-started/shortcodes/mpp-list-media/

Thank You
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #5760

Hi Adam,
    Just looked at your wp.org question now.

1. You want to create a global gallery? Please Create a sitewide gallery and install this plugin
    https://github.com/mediapress/mpp-global-shared-gallery
    On the Admin Gallery create/edit page, check the box that says allow all members to upload.

2. Now,Anyone can upload tot this gallery(logged in members only)

3. Though the photos will be displayable on single gallery page, you can also use the shortcode to list them in anyway you like. Please see my previous reply for that.

4. If you do not want the users to visit single gallery page, you can use shortcode to display the uploader too on any page you want.

Hope that helps.
    Ravi

• Participant
    Adam on #5761

Hello,

I downloaded and installed that plugin and created a new public gallery to allow members to upload to it and used the gallery shortcode on the page but still, the page shows all the galleries that have been creataed and 1 or 2 images from it.

Ultimately, all I want is a shortcode or option (if it’s currently possible) that I can insert so it shows every picture uploaded. The order doesn’t matter but just the option to see ALL photos uploaded not just a few from each ablum.

Thank you!

• Participant
    Adam on #5774

Any updates?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5777

Hi Adam,
    Are you sure you are using this shortcode

[mpp-list-media type=photo] 

It will list only images not gallery? Also, It will only list public photos, Please try it.

• Participant
    Adam on #5804

Hello,

Yes that is the shortcode that I have enabled in the page and it still shows galleries not just the photo’s uploaded. I can see a photo and I’ll click the gallery they posted it in and there is 5 more photos that they have uploaded but aren’t showing up on the actual gallery page?

Here’s the URL if you would like to take a look – http://www.reelhooked.co/gallery/

I have tried clearing cache, cookies and history with multiple browsers too.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5806

Hi Adam,
    Thank you. I can see the issue.

The page you have added the shortcode is not treated as normal page but the gallery directory. That’s why you are seeing directories.
    You can use the shortcode on another page or disable the gallery directory from MediaPress->settings->BuddyPress page and it will work.

Please let me know how it goes for you?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Adam on #5810

That worked! Thank you kindly!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5821

You are most welcome.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Mediapress: What shortcode should I use?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved