BuddyDev

Search

MediaPress with a simpler UI and structure

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #28493

Hi Brajesh, not all users need the gallery structure in MediaPress, for my part, I only need three images to be displayed, under the item_header_avatar, like the featured images, but without the galleries. Avatars can’t be enlarged by Lightbox, so extra profile images under the header avatar would be nice to have.

So what I what I am calling for is an option in MediaPress for just adding extra profile images to the header, like the featured images, but the ability to deactivate the gallery structure.

Thanks

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #28494

An option for uploading directly from mediapress/featured-media/ could that be an easy solution?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28510

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for the suggestion.

I sincerely appreciate it. We have been planning a rewrite for quiet some time to change the way it works currently.

We do hope to allow uploading without gallery in future. Earlier, we planned to do it in Feb/March but it got a lower priority.

Now, I am hoping that we will be able to start rewriting sometimes in May.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #28520

Hi Brajesh, looking forward to seeing that.

Another argument moving away from galleries are expenses. Storage is really expensive. I signed up for AWS, and even if I was just testing the cloud with less than twenty users, I was charged by Amazon. 

Galleries encourages user to add many images in more galleries, but it gets way to expensive for site owners who of course are hoping for many users. Even though an upload limit can be set, it does not make sense with unlimited galleries.

Thanks

Regards
    Carsten

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved