BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Member directory display of user badges

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    cléa Rozenblum on #29671

Hi guys !

Just bought the plugin and played around with it.
    I am having a couple of issues with it though.
    At first, I wanted to have both the badges in the member directory AND the user profile. I also wanted to use ONLY custom badges (meaning that I left the “Auto assign badges based on…” blank in the settings). Here are the problems I encountered :
    – when leaving the “auto-assign…” blank, an error appeared in the back-end (see screen pic)
    /Here I went back to the settings and selected Member Types for the sake of removing the error/
    Display Errors :
    – the badges are not centered on the member directory and user profile (only problematic when using a mobile phone though as my theme centers the block’s content in mobile view), which isn’t great UI.
    – I then disabled the badges on the member directory thinking that having it on the user profile would be good enough BUT then realized that the space taken by the badges still is there even though no badges are displayed (awkward white space for the user : see screen pic)

The best for my website would be to display the badges on both member directory and user profile, which is why, could you please tell me how to center the badges in the blocks they are located ? If that isn’t possible, my second best would be to not display the badges in directory but then, could you please tell me how to remove the white space ?

I will send the screen pics in a follow up message to mark them as private.

Thank you and looking forward to your reply 🙂

Kind regards,
    Clea

• Participant
    cléa Rozenblum on #29672
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29673

Hi Clea,
    Thank you for purchasing the plugin.

I am sorry for the issue with php notice. That happened since settings were not set(It could have been avoided by typecasting). I have fixed it now.

I have added following css to the plugin for center aligning in members directory.

/* buddyboss members directory */
    .item-meta .bp-user-badges-badge-list {
        width: 100%;
        justify-content: center;
    }

Please upgrade to 1.0.4 and let me know if it fixes all of your issues or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    cléa Rozenblum on #29677

Hi Brajesh !

That was an incredibly fast response !
    The new version works perfectly ! I can center the badges properly using custom CSS and the awkward blank space is gone when choosing not to display badges in directory.

I just haven’t checked for the situation where I leave the “Auto assign badges based on…” blank in the settings though, but trust you worked it out.

Thanks a ton !
    Clea

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29680

Hi Clea,
    Thank you for confirming.

I am glad we could resolve it quickly.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Member directory display of user badges’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved