BuddyDev

Search

Member type sorting and auto friendship

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    tvesyn on #34641

Hi, and thanks for the services you provide!

We need some help with two plugins we have installed;
    1 BuddyPress Auto Friendship Pro
    2 BuddyPress Member Types Pro

The plugins do not seem to take effect. We have set up a Global friendship-list (no conditions), but new registrations are not automatically friends with the users in the list when registered.

The Member Types are set up, and the users are registered with correct Member Type but users are not sorted when visiting the member lists spesific member type. Hope you can help us figure out what is wrong.

Our site is a multisite – but we use BuddyPress on the main site only.

Regards

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34642

Hi,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forums.

Thank you for using our plugins.

Are you using standard BuddyPress registration or something else. Also, Is there any other plugin affecting the registration process(e.g registration redirect or activation redirect etc).

For the member type issue, Please let me know which theme & template pack are you using?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    tvesyn on #34645

Thanks for the quick reply! The registration is not standard BuddyPress. Is it possible to autofriend members that are already registered? The member type plugin has redirect on login, but not registration.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34654

Hi,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.

Can you please tell me how your registration works? Are you using any plugin for this.

Here is how this plugin works:-

1. On buddyPress User activation, the Auto friends plugin works by checking the profile fields data.
    If you want to force it to apply global lists on any kind of registration, you can put this in your bp-custom.php

add_filter( 'bp_auto_friendship_pro_enable_on_user_register', '__return_true' );

After this, all new user registrations will have the global lists added as friend.

2. The member type plugin is tied to BuddyPress registration, If you are using any different method, It won’t redirect on registration.

3. Is it possible to autofriend members that are already registered?

Do you mean applying a list to an existing user? We haven’t been able to do it but I have seen other similar requests and we can implement it in near future. I am thinking of two strategy(showing list as dropdown on users list and putting an apply button or creating a tools section). It will need some time though.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    tvesyn on #34661
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34666
  • Participant
    tvesyn on #34668
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34669

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved