BuddyDev

Search

Member type support

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #23991

Hello,

I want to purchase your member type pro plugin but I would like to know if I will lose the intial member types created using another member type plugin (https://www.buddyboss.com/product/buddypress-member-types/). The problem is my users already have a member type assigned to all of them, so if I switch to your plugin do I have to manually reassign member type to all my members again incase they lose their member types.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24001

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the questions.

1. Member Type associations are managed by BuddyPress, so no matter which plugin you use, the user to member type association will not be lost. All you need to do is keep the membertype slug same.

2. If there are too many member types, instead of creating by hand, you can use post type converter to convert their post type to Member Type Pro’s. If they are in the range of 10 or so, re-creating the entries may be a better idea. Which ever path you go, Please make sure to update each created member types entries with your need(groups/cover/redirect etc..).

I hope it works for you and you will have a more pleasant experience. If anything goes wrong, please share admin details and I can take care of that(I do not think that that will be needed though). Please do not delete their plugin(deactivate that but keep) until you feel that everything is working fine.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved