BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Member Types and Buddypress Registration

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Sujee Kulendran on #14746

Hi Brajesh!

I was wondering whether it was possible to remove certain member types from appearing in a multi-select profile field in the registration page.

Basically, I made a profile field called ‘Roles’ and all member types appear. When new users register, they can pick which member type (e.g., student) but there are some member types I don’t want to appear there.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
    Sujee

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14756

Hi Sujee,
    If you are using our Member Types Pro and the filed that comes with it, You will see the option to include only certain member types in the list.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sujee Kulendran on #14827

Thank you Brajesh – I will look into it now. Also, I noticed that the code that you provided for retrieving ‘last post from custom post type’ does not always show the content. Sometimes I see the content and other times, it’s not there. Is there a reason for that? Maybe if cache is cleared it does that?

I’m looking forward to hearing back from you.

Many thanks,

Sujee

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14835

Hi Sujee,
    Please do look into the member types field.

About the latest post content, I don’t see what could be causing the issue

https://gist.github.com/sbrajesh/e932e6d8bbfd4a515e070f520ce40ef4

I am clearing the cached post ids on update, so it should not be an issue.

If you note any pattern for this, please do let me know.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sujee Kulendran on #14837

thanks Brajesh – I will keep a close eye on it the next time (maybe it was a one time thing). Also, quick question regarding the ‘all members’ option – any way to remove that from the directory as I do not want users to see that.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14847

Hi Sujee,
    To remove that you will need to edit a template file. If your theme has buddypress/members/index.php, please open it and you will see the place to remove.

Regards
    Brajesh.

• Participant
    Sujee Kulendran on #14899

Hi Brajesh,

I had just checked one of the page tabs created using:

https://gist.github.com/sbrajesh/e932e6d8bbfd4a515e070f520ce40ef4

and I’m finding that it does not show sometimes and then reappears again later. It’s weird, but I have no idea why it’s happening. Maybe you can give light to what may be happening or could it be a conflict with another plugin? If it a conflict, not sure why it appears once in awhile.

Looking forward to getting your thoughts.

Sujee

• Participant
    Sujee Kulendran on #14903

Hi Brajesh,

Not sure if this could help identify the problem but I did notice that when the tab is not working, I was currently logged out. When I log in and then view that same page, the tab works.

Hope that can assist.

Sujee

• Participant
    Sujee Kulendran on #14904

Sorry, one more thing to help – when I clear page cache, the page tabs work again! Maybe I should just disable page caching but would rather avoid that…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved