BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Member Types in search dropdown on member directory

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Chanel on #10817

Is it possible to have the member types show up in de search dropdown on the member directory?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10826

Hi Janelle,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forums.

No, enabling the directory listing will add tabs (Next to All Members, My Friends etc) in the member directory.

If you want to use dropdown filtering, please use BP Profile Search by Andrea. Our plugin supports search by member type when you use BP Profile search.

Hope that helps.

regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chanel on #10892

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I have updated the member type plugin but the tabs in directory and listing pages don’t show any results. I’m using the Boss theme. I have set user roles for member types and paid membership pro. Any help with this would be much very appreciated.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10916

HI Janelle,
    Does your theme restricts visibility of user in any way?

Can you please visit the backend(Users->Members Types) and click on Edit Member type and see if the setting is like this?
    https://buddydev.com/docs/guides/plugins/buddypress-plugins/buddypress-member-types-pro/members-visibility-directory-member-type/

Is there any user visibility/privacy/exclusion(hiding) related plugin or code are you using?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chanel on #10931

Hi Brajesh,

Checked the backend again, everything is set up as it should be. There are no user visibility/privacy/exclusion(hiding) related plugins that could be responsible for this to my knowledge.
    The tabs are showing up in the member directory but no results when you click on them.
    I’ve logged in with different user roles and the outcome is the same for all of them.

• Participant
    Chanel on #10932
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10936

Thank you Janelle,
    I had a look. I see that the counts are 0 too.

Can you please provide me a temporary login(admin) I will like to check a few things.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chanel on #10941

Hi Brajesh,

I send you an email with temp admin login.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10942

Thank you. Looking at it now.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10948

Thank you Jenelle,
    I had a look.
    At the moment there are no users assigned any member type. That’s why it is not showing.

There are three ways to assign member types to user

1. You can add a profile field and let the users select/update it from the BuddyPress registration/Edit profile.

2. Or You can manually update user’s member type form dashboard->Users screen

3. Or if you are using another plugin for registering members, I suggest mapping role to member type(from Dashboard->settings->Member Type). This way, when the user is registered, they will be assigned member type based on role.

Please do one of the above and after members are assigned member types, they will be listed in the directory.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Member Types in search dropdown on member directory’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved