BuddyDev

Search

Member Types not saving

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Mike (DesignServe) on #25881

Hi Brajesh,

As you know my Members can select the type of keyboard they own on their profile (Multiple Member Type of ‘Keyboards’). This gives them a Member Type and joins them to a Group with a Group Forum.

However, for a while now, when the Member ticks the box to give them a Member Type, it does not save.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,
    Mike

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25902

Hi Mike,
    Thank you for reporting.

this is happening due to the use of multiple member type fields. I will need 3-4 days to find a solution for this.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #25904

Hi Brajesh,

To be fair to you, maybe I am going the wrong way to use Member Types for the keyboard models, and also that my intention to use the multiple member types ields for ‘ranges’ (keyboards, organs, synths etc).

Really I only did it this way to have badges for the users and to associate the users somehow to the various site content.

Perhaps I should find another way. Maybe do something with ACF. I don’t want to put you to a lot of work just for the solution of one website. Perhaps I can look at a use of ACF or something like that.

What I am thinking to do is to make a type of “Wizard” so that the member can complete a series of forms at any time they like which will apply the models to the users somehow. Because as you know, te list of each range is long and the members already find it quite confusing.

So bear that in mind and let me know if you think I am going the wrong way with Member Types.

I’ll add a private post after this one.

Thanks,
    Mike

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #25905
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25991

Hi Mike,
    My apologies for the delayed reply. I took some time before i could reply.

1. member type is not suitable if you plan to have multiple fields. it should be used for single classification.

In this case, I believe a better option will be to use something like this
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-user-groups/

It lacks the front end but it is the most suitable for this use case.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved