BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Member Types Pro – assign member type on signup based on role?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Sam McClellan on #13094

Hi – In the documentation for Member Types Pro
    https://buddydev.com/docs/guides/plugins/buddypress-plugins/buddypress-member-types-pro/assigning-buddypress-member-types-based-wordpress-roles/
    it says that you can assign a link between the member type and the role such that changing the role changes the member type, but this doesn’t seem to work with a new member signup – setting a role for the signup doesn’t assign a member type. Am I missing something, or is there a way to assign the member type on signup based on the role? Or what do I need to do?

• Participant
    Sam McClellan on #13108

Okay I’ve tried a few things – if I sign up through the normal BuddyPress registration the member type, role and WooCommerce Membership (tied to a membership product) all work but if I sign up using WooCommerce by signing up for a product that assigns a role, it doesn’t add me to the member type. And I need to do the signups through WooCommerce for several reasons. Guess I need to look for another way of doing this unless you have an idea.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13111

Hi Sam,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.

1. On BuddyPress Signup, Roles to Member Type mapping will not work. The role to member type mapping will work in all other scenario.

The reason behind this decision is BuddyPress changes role twice on registration and that amkes things very difficult to differentiate.

2. If the role changing is triggered by WooCommerce and or admin, It will change the member type.

In case you are using WooCommerce Membership, I have a better solution(We can allow direcly mapping from the memberships to the member type ).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sam McClellan on #13112

Yes, I’m using WooCommerce Membership – how do I map the memberships to member types please?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13127

Thank you.
    I have mailed you a copy of the updated plugin. Please check your email for the updated version of plugin which allows mapping from the Memberships to Member type

https://i.imgur.com/HFEU7KT.png

Best Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sam McClellan on #13128

That worked perfectly! Thank you Brajesh, you truly rock!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13149

Thank you. Glad that it worked.

Best regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Member Types Pro – assign member type on signup based on role?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved