Thank you very much for the link.
There are 2 great options missing:
1- Associated Role(s)! This is very useful, Buddyboss associate one role only through radio buttons, while yours were check boxes which was Awesome! It was also working fine in the buddypress version with buddyboss, can we add it again please? I used to set the original buddyboss’s to “none” and use the checkboxes to assign more than role, can you make the plugin convert the radio buttons of buddyboss to checkboxes or show yours and hide buddyboss’s? whatever fit.
2- List in directory (A New tab will be added in directory with the member type.)
This option was working fine with Buddyboss in the previous Buddypress version. I guess you cancelled it because in Buddyboss there is already a dropdown menu for choosing profile type, however, I can cancel the drop down for types and use the tabs or show some in the dropdown and others like admins or teachers in tabs. It is useful! I dont want to bother you with long examples 🙂
Note: if you network activate the plugin after first install the Member types settings page on main site shows empty, I must activate it on the main site then deactivate and network activate again for it to work.
Thank you and best regards.
Thank you for the feedback.
Please note our decisions with this plugin has been inline with what BuddyBoss offers and how do we maximize the benefits.
1. BuddyBoss does not offer 1 member type to multiple role. We do not want to break it and create a support challenge in future. The goal is to enhance upon what they offer. So, I am afraid, we are unable to add the multi role support.
2. List Tabs:- We can add it but it is a bit confusing for the site admins. They will see 2 options for almost similar thing. A better option will be to put a filter that enables these tabs if needed(hides by default).
We will be looking into the network issue and getting back to you.
Thank you for the feedback.
1. How about “Do you want to assign extra roles?” as an addition. Generally, its very common and needed to assign multiple roles for users in WordPress, I can ask you how can I do that generally on the forum. 🙂
2. Yes that will work, to mark a specific member type to show it also as a tab.
1. I am hesitating about it since the future version of BuddyBoss might break it and will make the plugin unmanageable. I will be looking into it and will most probably share some code snippet if it is allowed.
2. Thank you. I will post the snippet to enable it after the release(sometimes this week).
I hope all is well,
I see several issues here so I tried on a fresh multisite install to make sure no conflict with other plugins:
1- The plugin hides the profile type dropdown menu in Extended user profile, so the admin can’t change the user’s profile type. (Note: selecting and changing the profile type directly from the users page doesnt change the associated role – It was like that always with buddyboss, so the only way for admin is from the extended profile)
2- Default profile tab doesn’t work, it doesn’t override Buddyboss default tab setting. – does this url format work? /members/me/profile
3- Member types page in main site shows empty
4- Login redirect doesn’t work on subsites unless the plugin is activated on the subsite – If network active redirection stops working.
5- Associating several roles is an asset is WordPress, and was a great feature in member types pro, PLEASE, by code snippets or any other solution I need the associated roles metabox with checkboxes. (THANKS A MILLION IN ADVANCE)
6- Member type tab in members directory 🙂
7- Sync groups to member (if no groups were selected it does nothing, I thought it will remove the user from all groups, as syncing already remove the users from unspecified groups. Just a note!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.