BuddyDev

Search

Member Types Pro, not working when user edit the profile once registered!

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Olaf Rudolfsen on #39951

This is my scenario. I want only the user to input his/her username and email upon registration. Later he/she can update his profile once registered. My Problem is showing/hiding fields doesnt work when I try to update the Multi Member Type Field, does this only work on registration page?

I hope there is a solution for this!!!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39962

Hi Olaf,

Thank you for the details.

1. BuddyPress Member Types pro does not show the dynamic form(hiding/showing based on member type selection) on edit profile. The plugin only handles it on registration page.

2. BuddyPress does limits the fields shown on the profile edit field to the user’s current member type.

Your solution will be to put the member type field in the First/base profile field group. Once a user saves their member type, BuddyPress will show the fields available for their current member type.

Hope that helps.

Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Olaf Rudolfsen on #39963

Hi Brajesh, thank you for the reply. Is there other plugin that can show/hide fields on edit profile? Is this even possible?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39977

Hi Olaf,
    I do not see any plugin that will do it dynamically(without page load). We do have our conditional profile field that may work but I do not recommend it due to its current state. we are rewriting it for next version of BP.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved