BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Memberpress install – Lacking Activity upload Icons

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Göran Rudling on #28465

After installing Mediapress on a site with WordPress 5.3.2 and only BuddyPress and MediaPress plugins (tried a number of themes) there are no MediaPress Activity upload Icons.

Changing a number of settings and re-installing the plugins the problem does not go away.

What to do?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28470

Hi,

Thank you for using MediaPress.

Please visit Dashboard->MediaPress->Settings->BuddyPress and make sure the activity integration is enabled.

That should make it work.

Regards
    Brajesh

PS:- are you using a custom theme? If yes, Please do let me know. That might help if the above does not solve it.

• Participant
    Göran Rudling on #28473

Thanks for responding. I have made sure activity integration is enabled.

What is really puzzling is that I can see the Icons in personal activity pages but not in group’s activity pages.

I have used default WordPress themes like Twenty Seventeen and a number of themes. If you suggest a theme that you think will work I will try it.

In a prior test site the plugin works fine and I can use a number of themes. The settings are the same as in the problematic install.

Göran

• Participant
    Göran Rudling on #28474

When I reset the setting and created a new group I can see the Icons finally for the group. Why I can’t see them for groups older groups (created prior to install of MediaPress) I don’t know.

I will continue to check this.

For now I don’t need any more assistance. When I run into new problems I’ll contact you again.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Göran Rudling

• Participant
    Göran Rudling on #28475

Managed to get Icons for old groups so now I am fine.

Göran Rudling

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28478

Hi Göran Rudling,
    Thank you.

I am glad it worked.

I believe, By default the media for group was disabled in settings(global default settings).

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved