BuddyDev

Search

Members not showing on subsite

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Chris SD on #33067

I created a subsite and added two members to it. Whilst I can log in with both accounts if i go to the member directory page it says

Sorry, no members were found.

But there are two members assigned to this subsite.

Any ideas?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33070

Hi Chris,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

BuddyPress lists users in the directory only if they logged in to the given site. Ask users to login to the sub site and then check if they appear or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chris SD on #33080

That makes no difference.

On a single installation though the member list page listed all registered members regardless of thenm being logged in or not.

Also if I register on a subsite it automatically assigns them to the root site aswell so they appear on that site when they should only appear on the site they have registered on.

Any ideas?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33083

Hi Chris,
    I am sorry if I was not very clear.

BuddyPress will not list a user in the directory if it does not have the last activity time recorded for the user. It has nothing to do with the logged in state. I asked to login as it should be recorded as soon as a user logs in.

In case of multinetwork, in order to be visible on a sub site, the user must satisfy 2 criteria:-
    1. They should be added a user of that sub site “after the activation of BuddyPress Multi Network”
    2. They should have a last activity time recorded for that specific site.

If the user fulfils these 2 criteria, they will be listed.

Please check.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chris SD on #33092

Thanks
    The two test users i have added were added after Multi network was installed
    I have logged into both and added a post on each wall but there is still no listing in the members directory

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33098

Hi Chris,
    I haven’t seen anything like it.

I am assuming you have the ‘BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG’ constant set and the network configured correctly(by updating setting on the sub network).

Can you please share the following details:-

1. Which version of BuddyPress or BuddyBoss platform are you using?
    2. Is there any plugin /code controlling visibility of the users?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Juan on #33754

Hi Brajesh,

I hope I am in the right place. I’m also having the exact same issue as Chris. I am using BuddyPress Multi Network 1.0.2

1) I can only see members in member directory and widgets that display members when this plugin is turned off
    2) I have multiblog set to true (at the moment, in wp-config, but I had it in bp-custom.php until this last try to no avail.
    3) When I turn off this plugin which was on when I created some groups, I am unable to see the groups I created and I can’t see my avatar etc which is blank, They disappear and it says I haven’t created any
    4) I also tried deactivating bp and this plugin. Then I added this to bp-custom, activated everything one by one, saved bp setup and still no luck.
    5) I tried with bp multisite enabled and single site enabled with the same results
    6) I am using some privacy plugins, but I tried with them all off. Now I just have one on and its for bbpress not buddypress
    7) I am using bp version 6.3.0

• Participant
    Juan on #33945

Hi I just wanted to follow up and see if there was any movement with this. I’m sure you’re super busy, but I’m hoping this is an easy code fix. Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33976

Hi Juan,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.

We do not support the BuddyPress Multi Network over community forums. It is a bit complex plugin and takes a lot of time for us to troubleshoot the specific use case(You can see this notice on the plugin page too).

Still, Here are the steps to verify that the plugin is working:-

A. Login to phpmyadmin and check if tables are created for each site( it should have prefix like wp_n_bp_xyz) where wp_n can be replaced by some global_prefix_number.

B. If they are not created, try saving settings and recheck.

C. Check mnetwork_users table and see if it contains the blog id you are testing and the users ids are present. If yes, The plugin is working and you need to login with the user. If not, The users are not considered part of your current blog.

Now to answer your points:-

1. It means the users are not recorded as part of the sub site(please check mnetwork_users table)
    2. It does not matter. You can place that in any of these 2 files.

3. It means the separate tables were created for groups correctly

In my opinion, your users were not recorded as part of the sub network.

Please try this:-

1. Add a user from wp-admin->Users->new screen on the sub site. Login as that user, Is it shwoing in the members list?

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘Members not showing on subsite’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved