BuddyDev

Search

Members page (ordered ‘Newest Registered ‘) displays Last Active info …why?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Michael on #46098

Hi guys,

just a question about the WP/BP members page.

On my site, the Members page shows the list sorted by “Last Active” by default. Each item includes info “active 1 minute ago” …”active 2 minutes ago”… etc. All as expected, all good.

If I change the filter to “Newest Registered” then the results are indeed displayed in that order, however the info next to each item is still the last-active time.

My question is …why?

If my users are looking at a Newest Registered list then obviously they expect to see “registered 1 day ago” …”registered 2 days ago” … etc.

Compare this to the Members widget, which does indeed display the correct info when the “Newest” filter is selected.

So I’m wondering if this Members page issue can be corrected? It seems pointlessly confusing and unhelpful in its current state.

I would appreciate any comments or advice.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46112

Hi Michael,
    Thank you for the question.

In BuddyPress Template packs, the last active time is hardcoded(using template tag) in the members loop.

BuddyPress does have a template tag for showing the registered since time.

<?php bp_member_registered();?>

But you will need to edit your members-loop.php(override it in your theme/child theme) and put this code conditionally.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Michael on #46123

Thanks Brajesh, its a bit beyond my tech ability to do that. I will get someone to do it for me. Thanks again for your advice.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46132

You are welcome/ I hope you find someone to assist with the editing part.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved