BuddyDev

Search

Members Type Pro: Need to disable /members but keep /members/type/athletes

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Mical Johnson on #31279

Hi Brajesh,

I found a lot of helpful tips in this site about disabling the Members index but I have an unique situation that I need help with. I’m using your Members Type Pro plugin (which is awesome) and ran in into this issue where I have 2 user types Athlete & Coach but I need to keep only the /members/type/athletes URL but have to disable /members & /members/type/coaches URL … can’t find any help anywhere … Please help … Thanx in advance.

Moose

BTW, I also tried you buffering solution that you offered someone else, but that didn’t work for me.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31281

Hi Moose,
    Thank you for the question.

1. You can disable the /members/type/coaches from Member Type edit page for coaches. There you will see the option to disable member type directory.

2. For disabling /members, Can you please link me to that buffering solution.

I believe I posted a blog post related to it here
    https://buddydev.com/hide-buddypress-members-directory/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Mical Johnson on #31291

Thanx. I handled the /members/type/coaches with the plugin fine. I also tried the buffering solution for the /members URL, but that didn’t work for me … also the link above doesn’t have the buffering solution, I found that in another blog post … used that code you wrote in the bp-custom.php file, but that didn’t do anything … the /members URL kept working for non-logged in users anyway …

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved