BuddyDev

Search

Migrate from rtmedia

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    theodor Snarum on #25235

Hi, i have a huge 25000 users ++ site using rtmedia and there rt media interaction databse is “killing” my site it is the database for like view and comments and loads on every page showing inmages.

Does Mediapress have a similar database. or similar slowness?

And if mediapress is better, as it look like is it possible to migrate the rtmedia safe and it work with meida under users and all?

around 65gb of images and video.

Theo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25244

Hi Theo,
    Thank you for the question.

At the moment, I will not suggest moving to MediaPress as our schema is in the process of change and may cause problems in migration.

To be honest, size of media does not matter to the plugin, It is the number that matters. Currently, we have a few bottleneck around counting and privacies.

We are removing that in 2.0 which will be a breaking change from 1.x release. It will be available around the end of the year or early next year.

I will love to see how it performs on large sites as our goal is to provide a robust solution.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    theodor Snarum on #31842
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31899

Hi Theo,
    My apologies for taking time to reply you on this one. We were undecided on which direction to go.

Currently, BuddyPress team has their own plans to implement a media component(in next 2 releases, either 7.0 or by 8.0).

We are exploring the option for MediaPress without BuddyPress or to work in conjunction with what BuddyPress offers(yet to be seen). There does not seem any benefit of duplicating the efforts.

We have abandoned our plans for RT media import and our main focus is to provide better usability, improve the structure and may be to explore a better integration with WordPress.

We are also exploring the option to move our video/docs/audio from MediaPress to a separate free addon. That should help us focus better on photo gallery experience. Working with video/audio in core has been a problematic decision due to the nature of web playable video/audio format.

We will have some major updates for MediaPress this year mostly focusing on improving experience.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved