BuddyDev

Search

Missing a private wall/activity function of mediapress

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Thorsten Wollenhöfer on #10087

Hello Brajesh,
    now found out that your plugin doesn’t have a private wall/activity posting function like rtmedia offers. Please check the attached screenshots of the rtMedia plugin and yours.

a) rtMedia https://www.screencast.com/t/TYfsfiul
    b) Mediapress https://www.screencast.com/t/A2llaHppw

It would be really great to get something similar because to post an activity in private mode offers personality messages of two members only. It’s faster than using private message of BuddyPress.

Kindest regards,
    Thorsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10088

Hi Thorsten,
    Thank you for posting about it. I have been debating about whether to have it or not for a long time?

The problem I see:-
    If we allow selecting privacy on the activity post, we will not only need to manage it for the gallery(or media) but also for the involved privacy.
    BuddyPress supports very limited privacy either All or just me(only the poster). Implementing a custom privacy like friends only/followers only etc is not very efficient(specially on a medium,large size sites).

BuddyPress does not have a roadmap for activity privacy, that makes this issue even more troublesome. What if we implement the privacy for activity and then BuddyPress team decides to add their own? What will happen to the existing updates in that case.

If we don’t take the activity privacy in account and just allow for media privacy, It will be a half baked solution.

I will not want to have a functionality in core for which we can not guarantee the interoperability in future.

I do understand that it is a need of the time for now so I am proposing to have it as a free addon that bridges it between BuddyPress Activity and MediaPress. Will that be ok with you?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Thorsten Wollenhöfer on #10100

Hello Brajesh,

Ok I understand now better where the issue comes from. I think that rtMedia integrated the ‘private’ function into a plugin addon also. This should be the best solution, I think 🙂

Kindest rgeards,
    Thorsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #10104

Thank you.
    Will have it as an addon then.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved