BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Missing “Under Moderation” or similar type of message/notification to users

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Casper on #50699

Hi, I was just working on a test profile on my website, and I noticed when I updated the profile, in the past there used to be some sort of notification letting the user know that their profile was under moderation. I unfortunately don’t remember the notification (I haven’t worked on test profiles in a while) but it was something along the lines of “Under Moderation” or profile fields pending approval or something like that.

I just now discovered that there is no message to the user letting them know that their profile data is pending approval. The issue with this is that especially for new users who don’t know how the site works yet, from their perspective, their entering data into their profiles for the first time, then going to view profile, but the data isn’t showing up. They don’t realize it’s under moderation.

Just as a side note, I do receive immediate email notifications to update the profile, so the actual functionality of the plugin is working great. It’s just I don’t know what happened to those notifications letting the user know their profile is pending approval. I’m not sure what would have changed to make those disappear. I’m using the BuddyPress Profile Data Moderator plugin. Any information/insight into this and a potential solution would be much appreciated. Thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50709

Hi Casper,
    Are you using BuddyPress profile Data moderator plugin?

The plugin will show data under moderation on profile page.

Can you please share which theme/template pack are you using? Is it a custom theme?

For notification, Please check your spam folder to see if it is going there.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Casper on #50727
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50734
  • Participant
    Casper on #50737
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50742

Hi,
    Thank you for your patience.

Please upgrade to the latest version of the Profile Data Moderator and let me know if it works as expected or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Casper on #50750
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50773

Hi Casper,
    Thank you for confirming.
    I am glad it is working.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Missing “Under Moderation” or similar type of message/notification to users’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved