BuddyDev

Search

Moderated bbPress discussions and replies are still emailed out to users

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Nabha Cosley on #28385

Hi there, thanks for making this plugin. We wouldn’t have been able to launch our new community without it. 🙂

We found out about it because we use BuddyBoss, which incorporates bbPress and BuddyPress. We’re finding that when users are subscribed to a group, they get emailed about posts that are still in moderation — which of course we don’t want as it partly defeats the purpose of moderation.

Do you know how we could turn this off? I’m not sure if it’s a feature request or a bug report.

Thanks!

• Participant
    Nabha Cosley on #28386

Whoops, I just realized it’s this plugin that sends out the emails:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-group-email-subscription/

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28387

Hi Nabha,
    Thank you for the topic and reporting the issue.

Can you please ask the developers of buddypress-group-email-subscription if there is any way to skip some activities(any filter).

Please let me know their suggestions and I will add compatibility.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nabha Cosley on #28391

Hey Brajesh, awesome. Very kind of you.

This looks like the activity filter, but I don’t see anything as good for forum posts. I’ll check with the developer and see what they say.

/**
    		 * Filters whether a given user should receive immediate notification of the current activity.
    		 * @since 3.6.0
    		 * @since 3.8.0 Added <code>$subscription_type</code> parameter.
    		 * @param bool   $send_immediately True to send an immediate email notification, false otherwise.
    		 * @param object $activity          Activity object.
    		 * @param int    $user_id           ID of the user.
    		 * @param string $subscription_type Group subscription status for the current user.
    		 */
    		$send_immediately = apply_filters( 'bp_ass_send_activity_notification_for_user', $send_immediately, $activity, $user_id, $subscription_type );

/**
    		 * Filters whether to add the current activity item to the digest queue for the current user.
    		 * @since 3.8.0
    		 * @param bool   $add_to_digest_queue True to send an immediate email notification, false otherwise.
    		 * @param object $activity_obj        Activity object.
    		 * @param int    $user_id             ID of the user.
    		 * @param string $subscription_type   Group subscription status for the current user.
    		 */
    		$add_to_digest_queue = apply_filters( 'bp_ges_add_to_digest_queue_for_user', $add_to_digest_queue, $activity, $user_id, $subscription_type );

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28392

Hi Nabha,
    Thank you.

I will check it today and will get back to you in next 24 hours.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28415

Hi Nabha,
    Thank you.

I had a look at these filters. They are fired when an activity is created. We can not take decision when activity is created as the flag for moderation does not exist then.

Once an activity is marked as reported, we need a filter that allows us to exclude items before they are sent via mail. This allows us to check if the activity is in moderation queue and help us take decision.

Please do let me know if you get some response from them.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nabha Cosley on #28430

Hi Brajesh, boonebgorges gave a nice response here and invited you to chat with him directly if you like:
    https://github.com/boonebgorges/buddypress-group-email-subscription/issues/191#issuecomment-606077130

Over the last few days I’ve been finding that the “All email” subscription option has been sending correctly, e.g. when a reply is approved (restored). Not sure if that’s true for group activity, though, or if it applies to digest emails as well. I’m happy to help test and run down the specific situations where there is trouble.

• Participant
    Nabha Cosley on #28707

Hi Brajesh, hope you’re well. I just wanted to check with you and see if you could reply to Boone in that link above. (I may not be able to do much on my own otherwise.) What do you think?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28710

Hi Nabha,
    I am sorry, I missed it. I will do it right away.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved