BuddyDev

Search

Moderation Plugin – confusing terminology in queue grid

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Debbie Lominick on #45719

In the Moderation Queue grid, when you hover over a reported item, you have the option to View or Delete. The delete terminology is really confusing as it’s really just removing from the moderation queue (i.e. Restore the post). The tool tip does call this Remove from Queue but users don’t always see this.

We would like to suggest that you call this Restore instead of Delete as that is what is actually occurring to the post. It’s the same action that occurs if you View the post and then Restore it.

It’s not intuitive to users that “Delete” in this instance means that you are choosing not to moderation it and therefore “Restoring” the post. Users think that this is deleting the post. Another option would be to say: Remove from Queue.

Thanks for considering this change.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45727

Hi Debbie,
    Thank you.

You are very much right about it. I will have it updated in next release.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45821

Hi Debbie,
    Hope you are doing well.

I have been working on an update and even though I tried to re-think it multiple times, I don’t find “restore” to be the right verb to be used there.

The problem is when you delete from main queue, the whole history of moderation/reports are lost and we can not say it restore. It is restoring the content but also deleting the whole history of the content.

I am adding a context for the translation as well as a filter to allow it change as needed from your end(by localizing or using the filter).

If you have a better suggestion for the name, Please let me know.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved