BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Moderation Tools working with Activity Stream

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #33179

Hi Brajesh, I recently started using the Activity component, and I can see a need for moderation, blocking and reporting, for streams and comments.

Any consideration of adding moderation options to the Activity stream?

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #33180

Also, in relation ti Activity Plus Reloaded, where users can upload all kind of images and links, a moderation option is much needed, thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33181

Hi Carsten,
    Are you using Moderation tools plugin? If yes, the plugin already supports moderation for Activity & activity replies.

Please see https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-moderation-tools/buddypress-moderation-tools-features/

also
    https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-moderation-tools/activity-moderation-settings/

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #33182

Hi Brajesh, yes I am using the Moderation tools plugin, that’s great news, sorry for not checking this option out first in the settings 😉

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #33183

I can see that the Block option is not there, sometimes reporting is a bit drastic, and involves admin action, so a block option also would be great.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33184

Please let me know what do you mean by block? The plugin comes with thehttps://buddydev.com/plugins/budddypress-block-users/ addon.

If a user is blocked, their activities are not shown(configurable).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #33185

I see, I’m using the block users addon as well, but I didn’t know that the activities from that user were hided as well, then a block button directly in the activity stream is a nice to have

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by calu.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33186

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for the reply.

yes the button will be nice but it will be confusing without proper context. a user may not understand if they are blocking the source of activity or just the activity.

As a theme author, we have more control over this and I will be showcasing it with our upcoming theme for BuddyPress 7.0

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #33188

Hi Brajesh, thanks for the clarification, I can see the problem with this.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33194

Thank you.

In theme, we can update the ;label to say block Xyz(where XYZ is the source name) and that’s what I plan to do with theme. That will make it very clear that they will be blocking the source.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Moderation Tools working with Activity Stream’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved