BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Most efficient way of blocking the registration form for users?

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #32684

Hi there, unwanted users are creating an account on my test site (at least it shows that it is working for users;-) How do I most efficient block the registration form?

Changing the associated WordPress Pages with the following BuddyPress Registration pages set to front page does not work.

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32687

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for the question.

there is no sure shot solution. If you are creating a generic community where anyone can register, your best bet is to go with 2 things:-

1. Use plugin/code to disable bot registration. It will limit the number of spam signups.
    2. Use a plugin like BuddyPress Registration Options to moderate the signup.

For Communities(like intranet), there are other strategies(like limiting registration to certain email domains, using a invite code etc).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #32696

Hi Brajesh, thanks for the suggestions, found out that drafting the register page for temporally turning off registration, is the solution, then you are directed back to the front page.

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32697

Hi Carsten,
    Do you completely want to turn off registration? If so, you can do it form Dashboard->Settings->General screen.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #32700

Hi Brajesh, yes it was a temporarily, completely turn off, of registration I was looking for. That’s strange, I do not have the option you are referring to, under my dashboard settings?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32701

Hi Carsten,

Thank you.

Please visit dashboard->Settings->General menu and you will find the “Membership” option with label ” Anyone can register”. Uncheck and save. That turns off the registration completely.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #32702

ohh yes, of course, thanks again!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32709

You are welcome.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Most efficient way of blocking the registration form for users?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved