BuddyDev

Search

Move BuddyPress Profile Tabs to a custom Page Template

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Dandy Jefferson on #7087

Hi, there

Thanks for all the helps before and hope BuddyDev become more and more better.

I just met an issue with “How to Move Default BuddyPress Profile Tabs” to a custom page template.

As you know, by default, the BuddyPress Profile Tabs (Activity, Profile, Notification, Message etc.) is built in the user’s Profile Page. However, what I want to do is to move some of them (e.g. Activity, Message, Notification etc.) to a custom page template which I built. Let’s call it – “Chat Page”.

Here is the screenshot of Chat Page: http://imgur.com/a/vJsQP

As you can see in the screenshot, I created a new menu with different tabs. However, I want to move “Message” tab including “Inbox, Sent, Compose” sub-tabs to the right side widget area.

My issue is how to invoke and display this buddypress core functionality in this custom page template?

Can you give me some advices or suggestions about it?

Thank you very much.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7128

Hi Dandy,
    Thank you for the post.

To be honest, it will be easy to display the things using various templates( you may look inside the buddypress folder in your theme for the templates) but allowing custom actions(like sending messages, deleting things etc) from a non profile page will need some work. The actions are mostly tied to urls and users will be redirected to the respective(profile url) on submitting message etc. Is that fine for you? If yes, then all you need is copy the template files from your parent-theme/buddypress/single directory.

A middle ground will be to modify the members template(home.php) and hide header on non landing pages.

Hope that helps.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Dandy Jefferson on #7130

Hi, Brajesh

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I understand it now.

Just one thing, I sent you an email a few days ago about “Literally Canvas Plugin” which you built it for me. However, because we build a new theme, so some buttons in the plugin are collapsed with each other. If you have time, can you check that email for me please?

Thank you very much.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #7137

Thank you.
    I have replied. I am sorry, it took that long.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved