BuddyDev

Search

MPP Media Comment notification – include lin to the item being commented on.

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #13801

Hi Brajesh,

The email notification for a comment on a media item includes details of the comment, but does not include the name of the item being commented on or a link back to the actual item, so the comment can be viewed in context. Is it possible to include these?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13813

Hi George,
    Thank you for letting me know.

We are not adding any notification on our own but letting the default BuddyPress notification for activity work.

I will look into it and let you know the feasibility. I certainly think it will be nice to have details.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #13819

Thanks Brajesh,

Also, is there a way I can notify the group when a new file is uploaded to a group album?

As I see it, the desired UX is that any notification email/message should have a link straight to the source content page, to the location the notification is regarding ie. a notification about a new comment should load the page scrolled down to that comment.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13822

Thank you George.

For group notification, I will suggest looking into this(will need modification most probably for notification on upload).
    https://github.com/sbrajesh/bp-group-activities-notifier

You can link to the activity permalink(assuming that activities are generated) and that will work as you expect from the UI point of view.

regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #13830

Thanks Brajesh,

I’ve installed that an it works fine with one exception, It says “(Author) has added a new (Photo)”, I think it should include the name of the image in the link, not just say Photo, so they know it’s relevance prior to clicking on it, as it is it’s a pretty anonymous notification.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13870

Thank you George. I am looking at it today.

• Participant
    Venutius on #14108

Hi Brajesh, did you manage to get a chance to look at this? I tried looking at it myself but I got a bit lost.

The good news is that my skills are coming along, I’ve just submitted my first “real” BuddyPress plugin, it provides a way of managing template overloads in admin, I’ve even included support for BP-Nouveau. Lots of Javascript and AJAX calls, I’m coming along.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14125

Hi George,
    Thank you for reminding.
    I could not check it as 1.3.5 got more priority. Please allow me next 2 days to put a solution for this.

Congratulations on acquiring new knowledge and the plugin. I am sure it will be helpful in future for all of us.

I am looking forward to see the new things you will bring to life. Don’t forget to link me to the plugin once it is available in release state 🙂

Best Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved