BuddyDev

Search

mpp moderate – strange terminology used

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Venutius on #15628

Hi Brajesh,

Taking a look att the Moderate plugin I’ve got a couple of suggestions for future versions:

In the mediapress moderate page, the terminology “Restore” is used rather than approve, this is somewhat confusing, as they are expecting an approval, this also applies to the acceptance email. Also, the deletion email is somewhat harsh, it should simply say their “submission has not been approved”, something like that. I know I can translate these, I’m just suggesting the defaults could do with looking at.

Also, the moderate page could do with a screen options drop-down to increase the number of items per page.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Venutius.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15631

Hi George,
    Thank you for taking a look.

The terminology is restore since the media can be reported by the users. In your case, you are using auto moderation and that’s why approve seems a better choice.

In future, I will accommodate approve for the auto moderation and keep restore for the user reported media.

Also, I guess we will need another set of email messages for the auto moderation scenario. Thank you for the suggestion about the number, I will have it in 2 weeks or so(Sorry, too many plugins lined up and we haven’t been able to release due to lack of manpower to create documents etc).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Venutius on #15639

Hi Brajesh, some additional notes:

1. Clicking on the moderation link for an image takes you to an empty page – the image to moderate is not displayed.
    2. Admin users own image updates are moderated, this should be skipped.

• Participant
    Venutius on #15644

Also the bulk action Restore, is not translating, I’ve used Poedit to translate this but the translation is not showing, the other translated values are fine.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15655

Thank you for letting me know. I will be taking care of it in the day.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved