BuddyDev

Search

MT Pro: assigning roles, groups, types and learndash courses barley works

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Carmine Morra on #13022

Team,
    Not sure how to explain the situation without a giant discourse. But in short, I followed all three of these steps and more…
    Assigning WordPress Roles Based on BuddyPress Member Types
    Assigning BuddyPress Member Types Based on WordPress Roles
    Adding Users to BuddyPress Groups based on Member Types

…and it never completely worked. I assigned member types in the user admin, assigned groups in bpress and back and forth and on and on and NEVER did I change a role and a bpress group or mt pro type was assigned. And I did everything from each direction. Meaning, change user role – nope, change member type – nope, change bpress group – nope. And on and on. What am I doing wrong or missing about mt pro or buddypress?

So, if you want to see details I published my notes. You can visit this url and read about what I did.

WARNING: THESE ARE MY NOTES TO ME SO IT IS FULL OF PROFANITY BECAUSE I’M PRETTY UPSET BUT NOT UPSET AT YOU. DON’T TAKE THE PROFANITY PERSONALLY.

http://nursingplace.staging.wpengine.com/assigning-roles-groups-types-courses/

Do you have any advice?

I’m standing by.
    With Best Regards,

-Carmine

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13023

Hi Carmine,
    My apologies for the inconvenience.

I have gone through the notes and I am very sorry that you had to go through such frustration.

I am here to assist and will make sure that everything works.

Now looking at the notes and the last point(16th), May I ask that the only problem remaining is removing users from groups etc?

Member Types pro does not remove a user from BuddyPress Group, It will not remove them
    https://buddydev.com/docs/guides/plugins/buddypress-plugins/buddypress-member-types-pro/adding-users-buddypress-groups-based-member-types/

The reason behind this decision was that we allowed multiple member type and did not want to make it very complex.

If that is the only issue you are facing, I can help with some code to make sure that users get removed from groups when their member type is removed.

PS:- I am sorry if I missed some point. I saw in point 6 that changing member types were not adding user to groups but 16 results showed they worked. Please do let me know if it is not doing that.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Carmine Morra on #13037

Brajesh,
    I don’t think you missed the point. But here is the point in short…
    I want to add a user in the admin and select just one thing and have these things done automatically…
    1. User Role:
    2. Member Type Pro:
    3. BuddyPress Group:
    4. LearnDash Course:
    5. LearnDash Group:

…I’m not sure I need all those groups and roles but in an effort to get something to work I created all of them. I did learn some things like adding a user to a learndash group will/can assign them to a course. So, that’s good.

I can, of course, do all this manually but I would like for my client to be able to manipulate users and clicking all around the site will definitely create chaos.

I realize this is out of scope for your product and am willing to pay for custom work. Do you offer custom work and how do we go about initiating a project?
    I’m standing by.
    With Best Regards,

-Carmine

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13049

Hi Carmine,
    Thank you for the update and I am sorry for the delayed reply.

1. I am adding the automatic removal from BuddyPress group in our next update. I still have to check if we can completely detect all cases when the member type is removed(It is removed while updating too)

2. For Learndash, I will need access to it in order to make the propagation to have effect. You can hire my team from here
    https://buddydev.com/hire-us/

I will need 1-2 days to have it all together.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Carmine Morra on #13246

Brajesh,
    I sent a request to /hire-us/ and I haven’t heard from you.

Can you confirm that you received my email?

I’m standing by.
    Thanks,

-Carmine

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13249

Hi Carmine,
    I am sorry I missed to get back to you. Will do today.
    Also, On our part for member types to group sync, we are already done, so the only remaining thing will be Learndash now.

I will get back to you in next 2-3 hours.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved