BuddyDev

Search

multi wildcard usage

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Chris Comish on #17016

I’m getting spam from gmail addresses like: b.o.ris.1.97.7.g.o.rb.un.ov@gmail.com

Will a multi wildcard statement, something like *.*.*.*.*.*.*@gmail.com match addresses like this, so I can ban them?

Thank you!

• Participant
    Chris Comish on #17017

also, would @*.*.* match @bursa303.win.win

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17019

Hi Chris,
    I am sorry, the plugin does not support regular expression in the options. I checked the code and I found that we escape the regular expression.

Normal users can not write regular expression and that’s why this decision was. I can add an option to allow expert mode where you can use regular expressions but please do note that in that case
    .ino will match xinfo, sinfo etc(. will start substituting single character).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chris Comish on #17043

“I can add an option to allow expert mode”

yes, please. Thank you!

• Participant
    Chris Comish on #17046

If you are adding this to the plugin as a checkbox selection, could you please write some instructions and regex examples that will effectively address the examples above? This would be very helpful.

Thank you, sir!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17053

Hi Chris,
    I just checked again and we do allow the wildcards ( * and ? ). I will look a little more and see if we can get an expression to match above format with these two? If not, there is going to be expert mode.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved