BuddyDev

Search

My problem or a bug? Comments in lightbox

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    diegoarmando on #2912

Hello, Mediapress is a great plugin, just I got a big issue with comments on photos. If I comment a photo uploaded by Not the current logged_in user (then not the uploader of the photo) in members pages (activity page of members, page of the photo and in lightbox in members pages), submitted comments don’t appear in gallery’s lightbox of /members/username/mediapress, neither in lightbox of /members/username activity page, neither in the page of the photo commented. Instead these same comments appear in sitewide gallery lightbox, sitewide activity lightbox, and in activity stream pages as well. Whilst there are no problems if I comment a photo uploaded by the same user who is commenting. I checked on your demo site and I found this same issue, I also tried with twentysixteen theme with just buddypress and mediapress installed and nothing else, but this issue persists. That’s a major problem for me because my subscribers can get very confuse when they don’t see their comments showing on.
    And that’s not all, integration with the built in Buddypress Comments is not so good too, if you comment on an activity page it will not show nowhere on mediapress pages and lightboxes.
    The only solution I got is putting an informative tooltip on the right spots communicating the problem and telling to users that only the uploader can use the Comment option in lightbox and he must write a comment in lightbox when he uploads a photo, while the viewers must use only the Answer option in lightbox (because with Answer there are no problems); lastrly I must communicate Don’t use built-in Buddypress Comment and Answer for Upload activities because those posts will be lost in the activity stream, nobody will see those comments and answers to upload_activities showing in lightbox comments area.
    My Mediapress settings looks correct, Commenting on Single Media is active. I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, just hoping you can fix that; this is becoming a headache. Sorry for this long post, I hope it’s clear enough. Thank you in advance

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2914

Hi,
    Thank you for the post and you are right.
    There is an issue. I tested and can confirm it.

Working on a fix and will update you soon about this.

Thank you for letting me know about it.

Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2916

Hi Again,
    I have fixed it in our development repository on github
    https://github.com/buddydev/mediapress/commit/33d2170903e08dc39ac89fc724aeae35ab4d1c94

It was happening since BuddyPress was scoping the activity to the displayed user if we did not pass any user id.

Please allow me to push a release on wp.org on Wednesday as I want to have a few enhancements and feature in the release.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    diegoarmando on #2917

Thank you for your fast support Brajesh. Comments in /members pages and /members lightbox work nice now. Built-in Buddypress Comment and Reply in activity pages as answers to comments made via mediapress work as well.
    Just using built-in Buddypress Comment and Reply to upload-mediapress-activities on activity pages doesn’t synchronize with comments in lightbox and /members/username/wall-photo-gallery/uploaded_photo page, so these comments are not showing neither in lightbox comments area and uploaded_photo_page. I hope you can fix that too in your upcoming release.
    Thank you again for your great support, have a nice development!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2923

Hi,
    Thank you for the comment.

Can you please enable the comment on gallery page? All the uploads from Activity are assumed as an activity of the gallery(wall gallery activity).
    Can you Please check that?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    diegoarmando on #2926

I understand the logic behind comments in Activity stream page you are talking about, so I tried to enable comments in all buddypress pages, just I was not able to do it. I thought if I upload a photo directly from the Activity page then maybe I have to enable comments in /members/username/mediapress/wall-photo-gallery and in all the /wall-photo-gallery/subdirectories. I tried adding a snippet in functions.php of my child theme but it didn’t work. Both Enable Commenting on single media and on single Gallery in Mediapress settings are active (I think this settings are not related to my issue, just for telling you my setup). I tried commenting photo_upload activities using buddypress Comment button in Activity page on your demo site too, the result is the same as on my site: comments made via buddypress Comment button don’t show up on any mediapress components. By the way I got this same issue even if I upload photos from /members/username/mediapress/wall-photo-gallery/manage/add/ page, so I really don’t know what I’m missing. Thank you as always for your help Brajesh.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved