BuddyDev

Search

Need Advice for Custom Fields

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jay Anderson on #33613

Hello Brajesh,

I’m hoping you can help me out and let me know if this is possible. I’m developing a website for a local fitness gym. They want to have personal training and tracking available for their clients.

We will need to allow the client to add their body measurements, Exercise weight/time, food intake, etc.

I know I can use BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types for the client to add this information in.

What I am hoping you can help me out with is it possible to take that data and display the whole history?

We would need to show the progress of the client. We don’t want to just have the latest field that was updated and not show the progression.

If you can let me know if this would possible or if I should find a different solution.

I want to use Buddypress and the other plugins from BuddyDev to create this site.

Thanks for the great support and help.

Regards,

Jay

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33620

Hi Jay,
    Thank you for the question.

The profile fields plugin will not be of much use in this case. You will need some kind of gym specific plugin to track the change.

If the plugin is not integrated with BuddyPress but provides shortcode, you can use it with our profile tabs pro to integrate in user profile.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jay Anderson on #33645

Thanks Brajesh,

That’s kind of what I thought.

Jay

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33665

You are welcome.

The topic ‘Need Advice for Custom Fields’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved