BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Need some Customization Help for BuddyBlog Plugin

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Daniel on #20131

Hi,

When a user wants to edit his post with Buddyblog and he clicks on “Add Media” button, then a window pops up with two tabs.

1. Upload Files
    2. Media Library

Unfortunately, the Media Library Tab shows all the WP media pics of the website. Would it be possible to hide this tab in order that the user only can upload files from his computer and not have access to WP Media Library Tab?

Also since the new BuddyBlog update, the “Upload Featured Image” option has disappeared. Might could you help me to make it appear again please?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20132

Hi Daniel,

1. Please visit settings and make sure you have Featured image enabled for BuddyBlog

2. For Media Library:- Is there a chance you are checking it as a site admin and not normal user?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #20143

Hi Brajesh,

1. I have already enabled Featured Image in BuddyBlog Settings but the function is hidden in frontend when the user is trying to EDIT his post.

In the older Buddyblog Version the user was able to change the Featured Image when Editing Post, but since the new update the function is hidden even when enabled in backend.

Also, Ravi had send me the code below to hide “New Post” Tab because I am using another plugin to create New Post.
    Since the new update, the “New Post” tab is visible again. Would it be possible to change the code Ravi provided in order that the user gets redirected to https://mypage.com/create-new-blog/ when clicking on “New Post” tab instead of hiding the tab? If that will not be possible could you please change the code in order that the tab is invisible?

function buddydev_remove_new_post_tab() {
    	if( ! buddyblog_is_edit_post() ) {
    		bp_core_remove_subnav_item( buddypress()->buddyblog->slug, 'edit' );
    	}
    }
    add_action( 'bp_buddyblog_setup_nav', 'buddydev_remove_new_post_tab' );

function buddydev_remove_admin_new_post_tab( $wp_admin_nav_items ) {

if ( ! buddyblog_is_edit_post() ) {
    	    $new_admin_items = array();

foreach ( $wp_admin_nav_items as $wp_admin_nav_item ) {

if ( $wp_admin_nav_item['id'] == 'my-account-' . buddypress()->buddyblog->id . '-new-post' ) {
    			    continue;
    		    }

$new_admin_items[] = $wp_admin_nav_item;
    	    }

return $new_admin_items;
        }

return $wp_admin_nav_items;
    }

add_filter( 'bp_buddyblog_admin_nav', 'buddydev_remove_admin_new_post_tab' );

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards
    Daniel

• Participant
    Daniel on #20827

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask if anybody could help me to make it possible to enable the option “Change Featured Image” when editing the blog.

Since the new update of Buddyblog, the user cannot change anymore the featured image when editing the blog, means the “Change Featured Image” link has disappeared when the user clicks to edit his blog and he can only change the images inside the editor but not the featued image.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards
    Daniel

• Participant
    Daniel on #20828
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20838

Hi Daniel,
    I am sorry but I am not sure of your issue. Since you are not using BuddyBlog for creating post, I am unable to tets if the post thumbnail is supported or not.

There are two possible reasons for it:-

1. Please visit Dashboatd->settings->BuddyBlog and make sure that thumbnail is enabled and save the settings again(just to be sure)

2. Make sure the post type supports post thumbnail.

If both the case are valid, BuddyBlog should support post thumbnail.

Just to be sure, I have tested it again for create and edit and it is supporting it for me.

Please see the screenshot
    https://i.imgur.com/FkcXLAw.png

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #20840

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I have tested it and point 1. was set up correctly but I have saved again the settings in Buddyblog Dashboard and all of a sudden the Featured Image is enabled in Frontend as it should 😀

That’s awesome.

Thank you Brajesh!

Regards
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20841

Thank you Daniel.

I am glad it was a minor glitch and is working now.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Need some Customization Help for BuddyBlog Plugin’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved