BuddyDev

Search

New BuddyPress Blogs not generating slugs

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Chris on #21409

Hi there,

I’ve got BuddyBlog installed on top of BuddyPress, and have ‘Show single posts on user profile?’ set to No.

If a user posts and publishes a blog article, it doesn’t get a slug set for it – in the back end of WordPress, the slug value is empty.

As a result, the post’s single page is inaccessible. On the blog archive page, the URL for the permalink is that of its date archive (i.e. https://[SITE-URL]/blogs/2019/03/01/ ) so there is no way to access the individual post itself.

I presume the post is meant to have a slug generated when the user submits it, and that this isn’t intended behaviour?

The website is currently still in development, so I don’t want to publish the URL here as it looks like it goes into a publicly accessible forum. Is there a way to send the website URL and some BuddyPress login details to your support team in private?

—-

2. Are you using Multisite? Is it subdomain install? Is domain mapping enabled?
    NO

3. Are you using BuddyPress?
    YES

4. Is there anything specific about your BuddyPress Installation( Is the multi network or multiblog mode enabled?)
    NO

5. Which version of WordPress/BuddyPress are you using?
    WordPress 5.1, BuddyPress 4.2.0, BuddyBlog 1.3.4

6. Which theme you are using? which version?
    Custom theme, based on Sage 8

7. Is it a fresh install or did you do an upgrade?
    Fresh install

8. When the problem started? did it happen after installing/upgrading plugin, theme or WordPress?
    After installing BuddyBlog

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21413

Hi Chris,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. The slug should be generated automatically.

There was a change related to slug generation in WordPress 5.1, It might be the reason.

Please allow me to check it and get back to you in 30 minutes.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21415

Hi Chris,
    I just tested it. It is working for me on WordPress 5.1/BuddyPress 4.2/BuddyBlog 1.3.4 and BP Simple Front end post 1.3.6

Are you allowing users to publish post(posts status set to publish or is it set to draft?). Also, can you please visit settings->permalink and make sure it is setup(I am assuming it is).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Chris on #21431

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for getting back to me. We’ve got ‘Default post status’ set to Draft.

I’ve just checked and it works fine if I set this to ‘Published’. However, if ‘Default post status’ is set to ‘Draft’, no permalink gets set.

If the user then goes on to publish their post via the ‘Post Actions’ toolbar, the permalink remains empty. Presumably it should be getting set when they click the Publish button, but this isn’t happening.

I’ve just tried this on a completely clean setup, with BuddyPress 4.2.0, BuddyBlog 1.3.4 and BP Simple Front end post 1.3.6 being the only plugins installed, and the same thing happens.

Many thanks,

Chris

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #21451

Hi Chris,
    Thank you for the details and the patience.

I have updated the plugin to fix this. Please upgrade to 1.3.5
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddyblog/

let me know if that works for you or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved