BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] New friendships in activity feed

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #50619

Hi Brajesh

I want to remove the activity type content part when a new friendship is created ie. so that all that is shown in the activity feed is a line of text such as “X and Y are now friends” but without the user profile including cover photo and “View Profile” text showing underneath.

Obviously I could do it with CSS or possibly copying the relevant template to my child theme and commenting out bp_get_template_part( ‘activity/type-parts/content’, ‘new-avatar’ ); – but I’m just wondering if there’s a neater way?

With many thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50628

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for the question.

I believe you are trying to remove the customization added in BuddyPress 10.0

Please copy the following file from your template pack to your theme buddypress/activity/type-parts/content-friendship-created.php and edit it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #50629

Hi Brajesh

Yes that’s exactly what I’m trying to do and I was wondering if there might be a neater way (with a filter perhaps), as I’d previously got the impression that Buddypress was trying to move away from using templates to override things but hey… no worries. What you suggest is easy enough to do and thank you for confirming that I’m not overlooking anything.

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50638

Hi Nik,
    No issues.
    I am gad you are able to override.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] New friendships in activity feed’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved