BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] “new_forum_posts” Action not working in “BuddyPress Activity Shortcode”

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Mr Ricky Sutton on #39276

Hi there,

I’m using BuddyPress Activity Shortcode and have the following shortcode on my site, however it isn’t showing new forum posts from the group, only group updates.

[activity-stream primary_id=4 per_page=3 pagination=0 action="activity_update,new_forum_post"]

If I delete the “action” part of the shortcode completely the new forum posts show, but then I also end up with other updates I don’t want in the stream, such as new members joining the group. As far as I know, you can’t exclude actions, so I can’t just exclude the new members joining updates, unfortunately. Therefore I need to work out how to include the new_forum_posts. Is there a different piece of code I should be using? Any information would be really appreciated.

Thank you,

• Participant
    Mr Ricky Sutton on #39329

Hi, just following up to see if anyone has any feedback on this? I’m a bit confused as to why it wouldn’t be working.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39378

Hi Ricky,
    Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.

I am sorry for the delayed reply.

The activity type for bbPress forums are diffent and that is causing you the issue.

Please try this

[activity-stream primary_id=4 per_page=3 pagination=0 action="activity_update,bbp_topic_create,bbp_reply_create"]

Let me know if it works for you or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mr Ricky Sutton on #39379

Brajesh thanks so much, this works perfectly! Do you have a list of the other codes which can be used for this also, please? I will also Google around for it.

Thanks again for your help so far.

Best regards,

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39382

Hi Ricky,
    Thank you.

Th problem with activity types is they can be added by plugin plugin and there is no definitive list. The best way to check it by checking your activity table and querying for a list of distinct activity types.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mr Ricky Sutton on #39384

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks again for this response. I’m not sure what is meant by “checking your activity table and querying for a list of distinct activity types” to be honest. If you are able to advise any further that would be awesome but I appreciate your responses so far, you’ve already helped me.

Best regards,

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39387

Hi Ricky,
    Thank you for the reply.

If you are comfortable with PhpMyAdmin, then please open your database in PHPMyAdmin and search for the activity table.

it should be something like this
    wp_bp_activity or similar(with a different prefix)

You can run the following query then

SELECT DISTINCT(type) FROM <code>wp_bp_activity</code>

after replacing the “wp_bp_activity” with your actual table name. It will show you the list of activity types.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved