BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] No access without profile photo upload (BP Force Profile Photo not activated)

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #19958

Hi there, I have BP Auto Login on Activation activated, and BP Force Profile Photo installed, but not activated.

Nevertheless, users can’t access any BP content, before they have uploaded a profile photo:

https://imgur.com/a/auQWw3K (Legacy)

In Nouveau, without this information warning

https://imgur.com/a/9kNJe3q (Nouveau)

I deleted BuddyDev_Profile_Field_Completion_Helper code snippet I had my bp-custom.php. but with same result.

Where I got the code, I can’t recall or find again by search on Buddydev. Is this code snippet obsolete with ‘BP Auto Login on Activation’ and ‘BP Force Profile Photo’?)

Back to the issue, why are users prompted to upload a profile photo after the first login?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19963

Hi Carsten,
    You most probably have either the Profile Field Completion or the Force Profile Photo active in some way.

Please recheck.

It seems the only explanation.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #19966

Hi Brajesh, I know it does not sound very plausable, but these plugins and code snippets have been deactivated. I have also deactivated all redirection plugins.
    It is like Force Profile Photo is active all the time. Deleting Force Profile Photo plugin makes no difference either.

I have gone trough all my settings, same result. Can the missing notification in Nouveau give any hint here?

I know there is nothing you can do about it right now, and I have to search further.

Thanks
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19967

Hi Carsten,
    I am not sure what is causing it. Notification should not cause it. Check your theme’s functions.php and see if there is any chance some redirection code there (or check bp-custom.php one more time to be sure).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #19970

Hi, the issue is resolved, I located the conflict to be with ‘BuddyPress Registration widget, Version 1.0.0’, even with no active widgets in place.

regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19992

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for updating. That makes sense. That plugin uses the code from our Force Profile Photo as well as Registration anywhere blog post.

I am glad that you found it.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] No access without profile photo upload (BP Force Profile Photo not activated)’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved