BuddyDev

Search

NO "NEW POST" IN GROUPS

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    nana on #5976

HELLO! I installed BP Simple Front End Post, BuddyBlog and Blog Categories for Groups … but however when I enter the groups and select “blog” is not “new post” … only appears “post” and says ” no new post “. What am I doing wrong?

On the other hand, I would like you to agree more quickly and easily to write new post form. Now when I log in a group, I see the space to write a comment as a social network and under the group name: blog //members // send invitations // etc -…

Could change in the groups directly view blog entries? And perhaps under the text group “NEW POST” and other menu items group?

Although I first need to see “new post” in each group !! u

Thanks!

• Participant
    nana on #5977

Ok, I think I solved that by entering a group, you go directly to the post. In menu, Jumpstart and put http://myweb.com/groups/group1/blog/

This is fine as well, although I would customize a little more this section to add a search engine in the group or customize a little more look.

I’m still investigating why the “new post” button does not appear in the groups.

Thank you!

• Participant
    nana on #5978

Oh! Now I have changed: Which capability is required for publishing? to “group admin” and YES! appears “new post” Then I changed back to “group member” and still appears … looks like it was locked … what was that? Is it a bug?
    Oops, sorry I open this query to having resolved myself!

Finally, there is plugin for nicer section post?

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5992

Hi Nana,
    By default, The users posts go to draft. As site admin, you can change that behaviour( you have already done that).

Can you please tell me what do you mean by nicer section post? I will gladly help

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    nana on #5993

Hi Brajesh

Indeed I had changed the default selection, but until I changed a couple of times this selection, “new post” did not appear. Maybe it was a mistake with the theme.

—- Ok, nicer blog post:

I had installed a WP theme and everything was very sad. themes are not prepared for social networks, at least the free themes I need at first.

I’ve got installing your theme “bg magic”: a colorful buttons, beautiful design, organization … etc. All nice. A real social network.

However I have now taken the disappointment that this theme is not responsive 🙁

I’ll have to find another alternative.

Thanks Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #5997

Hi Nana,
    I am sorry about BP Magic. That theme was not designed to be responsive. It will take significant time/resource to convert that to responsive if we tried. It will be some day but not anytime soon.

• Participant
    nana on #5999

Thanks Brajesh!
    I’ll try some other of your free themes, maybe I can adapt to me. Any recommendations? Later and if my project evolves, I will choose a theme full payment.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved