BuddyDev

Search

No option to save profile photo, cropping doesn't work either.

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Audiomonk on #13866

When I go to the change profile page, I’m getting the following..

Drop your file here
    Or

Then there’s nothing, I’m guessing there should be an upload button? Can’t work out why it’s not there.

If I drop an image there, it allows me to crop it, but there’s no button to save it after the crop. I tried a plugin to allow me to add gallery images as profile pictures, when I crop them it says there was a problem cropping. So I deactivated. My user(s) want to change their profile pics (not sure how they set them anyway).

Also, even though it shows my profile photo on the widgets etc, and in activity. It doesn’t show it on my profile screen.

Could you help please?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13898

Hi Audiomonk ,
    Are you using a custom theme? It seems like a theme issue to me.

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #13915

I’ve some customisations of my main theme, and buddypress, but nothing that would stop a submit button showing? How can I check?

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #13919

https://ibb.co/dm6AFH

I looked at some debugging, is this preloader error related ?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13920

The preloader is not an issue but the 404 may be(I can’t see what is not found from the image).

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #13956

The 404 wasn’t anything related.

I have gotten further, with some CSS hacks I have now got the submit button working, and it uploads an image. Then it takes me to the crop image. The crop works as it should, but again I have no submit button for the crop.

I’ve dug into the CSS

Crop Image

Even though I can see the code for it using firefox debug. It’s not displaying on my screen, there’s no class defined for button-avatar-crop-submit

and the button isn’t showing. The DIV which is for this button. I’ve tried changing the CSS for that too, but nothing appears. The DIV is DIV id=”avatar-crop-actions” again I try changing the CSS, clearing the cache, but I still can’t see the button on screen. I’m not good with CSS, I use Yellow Pencil normally, but that’s not picking up these elements to edit.

PLease help !

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #13957
    <a class="button avatar-crop-submit" href="#">Crop Image

</a>

Is the button, but what styles I give it, it doesn’t appear on my screen.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13958

Try using the chrome developer tools to inspect the button and applied css. You should be able to find some conflicting css.

or you can provide me a temporary login and I can do it quickly.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #13968
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Audiomonk on #14036
    This reply has been marked as private.

The topic ‘No option to save profile photo, cropping doesn't work either.’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved