BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] No settings at mediapress settings page

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kasparas on #89

First of all thank you mediapress plugin, rtMedia just doesn’t fill my needs.

Altouth mediapress is not released i tried at two BP sites and in one of them everything seems work, but in another (almost idendical) setting page dissapears after about one sec. (appears and dissapears). Aby suggestions ?

I tried deactivating and activating plugins and themes and it doesn’t help. Site where setting are working is fres h instalation with same plugins as other site.

Big thanks and thank you for keeping buddypress a live !

• Participant
    Kasparas on #90

I cant’t edit main post so posting reply more details: I’m not using multisite. Using newest WP ant BP. Setting page dissapears in less than one second, i see only this http://i.imgur.com/DwSk0Lk.png

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Kasparas.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #92

Hi Kasparas,
    Welcome to the BuddyDev and thank you for using MediaPress.

I just had the loook at screenshot and the problem is happening due to some javascript error. Can you please open the site in firefox and check the console with Firebug on the settings page?

Do you see nay error? what error is that? Please let me know and I will assist further.

PS: On BuddyDev currently you may not edit the topic but you should be able to update the replies. We have relaunched the forum last week and there may be some glitches. Please do let me know if you find one.

• Participant
    Kasparas on #93

UPDATE: I tried accesing website with incognito mode (no cokies) and setting page works now, and media upload form now appears in activity (after few refreshes). I’m not using any cache plugins. But now strange space (padding) in top of my page appears. So issue is partly solved for now …

What a quick reply, i will try firebug

• Participant
    Kasparas on #96
  • Participant
    Kasparas on #97

So strangely settings are working only while using chrome incoginto mode.

“On BuddyDev currently you may not edit the topic but you should be able to update the replies.”

Replies can’t be edited after some time too.

Thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #99

Hi Kasparas,
    It has to do with the localStorage.
    Please try running this line in the firebug console.

window.localStorage.clear();

and then reload the page. Does that fixes it.

• Participant
    Kasparas on #101

I tried it with no luck http://i.imgur.com/oiUwrv5.png

Anyway i cleared my chrome cookies and everything seems good now, big thanks 🙂

Will you plan (if yes when) to submit plugin to official wordpress directory ? So i can update plugin easily ?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #103

Hi Kasparas,
    Thank you for the update.

Yes, we will be submitting the plugin to wp.org repo( though you will need to delete the current and install from wp.org again when we have it up due to change in directory name. If you are using it from github, the name is mediapress-master but once released, It will be mediapress).

It has been so many months since initial release and we haven’t seen any serious issue recently, so in 1-2 week, we will submit it on wp.org after doing a final round of audits).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved