BuddyDev

Search

Non Admin should see only his likes and comments on another user’s post

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Catherine F. Weah on #46671

All thanks to BuddyDev, my first issue was addressed and I hope I can get a response with this as well.

I want to restrict each user who is not an admin user to only see his/her like and comments and all replies to the comment on another user’s post/update/photo(s)/video(s) etc. in buddyboss.

If the user has not like the update the user won’t see that others have liked it, if he/she liked it, he/she should only see “You liked this”.

On the issue of the comment, only the user comment(s) and all replies to each of his/her comment should be visible to him/her. The user can have more than one comment.

The post owner and admin users comments should not be visible to any other user except the post owner and admin users. The post owner will have to reply to a comment for the comment owner to see it.

Some help with this please

• Participant
    Catherine F. Weah on #46673

Should somebody gracefully help me answer this question, please note that I only want all the restrictions mentioned above to be effective on personal activities, and not group or forum activities.

I tried looking into the hiding the likes and was able to achieve a result the nonconventional way which ofcourse is not advisable, that is by going directly into the buddyboss code “buddyboss-platform/bp-activity/bp-activity-functions.php/” right after line 1130 below $return_str = ''; and added the following code

/* CFW Site Admin, Staff, and Activity Owner should see all the likes, otherwise display only the particular user like */
    	$jlw_cur_user = bp_loggedin_user_id();
    	$jlw_activity_user = bp_get_activity_user_id();

// CFW Check whether it is Admin, Staff or Activity Owner
    	if ( current_user_can( 'manage_options' ) || $jlw_cur_user == $jlw_activity_user ) {

and then I went down, somewhere around line 1204 or 1210, since few lines were added above.
    Above the line that says return $return_str; and added the following code

} else { // CFW Closes the if statement and begin an else
    		if ( 1 <= $like_count ) {
    			if ( $current_user_fav ) {
    				$return_str = __( 'You like this', 'buddyboss' );
    			}
    		}
    	} // CFW Closes the else statement

This works for the like, The post owners and admin users see all the likes, while other users see only “You like this” is he/she did like it, or doesn’t see anything if he/she didnot like it; however, the restriction is being applied everywhere, including group posts etc.

I couldn’t make any progress on the comments, it seems just difficult.
    Any help, and I will really appreciate.

Once again,
    Thanks in advance

• Participant
    Catherine F. Weah on #46714

I hope this tread of mine is not off the limit; if not then someone kindly try and respond to it. Brajesh, any other person, please respond to this tread, please.

Once again, thanks in advance.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46753

Hi Catherine,
    I am sorry, I could not look at it earlier.

After a close look, It is way too much specific to BuddyBoss and I will suggest asking BuddyBoss support for the same.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Catherine F. Weah on #46831

Hi Brajesh,
    Thanks for the effort.

Please permit me to ask you this.
    Is there any way to pass the user_id as argument in

bp_nouveau_activity_recurse_comments and also bp_nouveau_activity_comments

if not, then perhaps pass the user_id parameter first.

Or just a way to get the comments of a particular user.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46837

Hi Catherine,
    Those 2 functions are predefined in the nouveau template pack and you can not pass extra arguements without altering them.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved